- the type of information about you Sportsman Canada collects through the Site;
- how Sportsman Canada collects such information;
- how Sportsman Canada uses such information;
- who will have access to such information; and
- Sportsman Canada’s security measures for protecting such information.
As used herein, the term “personal information” means information that would allow someone to specifically identify you or contact you physically or online (e.g., your name, physical address, telephone number, email address, social security number); and the term “non-personal information” means any information other than personal information that Sportsman Canada may collect from you.
1. A Special Note About Minors.
The Site is a general audience website intended for use by adults. The Site is not designed or intended to attract, and is not directed to, children under eighteen (18) years of age, let alone children under thirteen (13) years of age. Sportsman Canada does not collect personal information through the Site from any person it actually knows to be under thirteen (13) years of age. If Sportsman Canada obtains actual knowledge that it has collected personal information through the Site from a person under thirteen (13) years of age, then it will use reasonable efforts to refrain from further using such personal information or maintaining it in retrievable form.
Furthermore, if you are under eighteen (18) years of age, then you (or your parent or legal guardian) may at any time request that Sportsman Canada remove content or information about you that is posted on the Site. Please submit any such request (“Request for Removal of Minor Information”) to firstname.lastname@example.org, with a subject line of “Removal of Minor Information.”
For each Request for Removal of Minor Information, please state “Removal of Minor Information” in the email or letter subject line, and clearly state the following in the body:
- the nature of your request;
- the identity of the content or information to be removed;
- the location on content or information on the Site (e.g., providing the URL for the specific web page the content or information is found on);
- that the request is related to the “Removal of Minor Information;”
- your name, street address, city, state, zip code and email address; and
- whether you prefer to receive a response to your request by mail or email.
Sportsman Canada is not responsible for failing to comply with any Request for Removal of Minor Information that is incomplete, incorrectly labeled or incorrectly sent.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE AFOREMENTIONED REMOVAL DOES NOT ENSURE COMPLETE OR COMPREHENSIVE REMOVAL OF SUCH CONTENT OR INFORMATION POSTED ON THE SITE.
Also, please note that Sportsman Canada is not required to erase or otherwise eliminate, or to enable erasure or elimination of, such content or information in certain circumstances, such as, for example, when an international, federal, state, or local law, rule or regulation requires Sportsman Canada to maintain the content or information; when the content or information is stored on or posted to the Site by a third party other than you (including any content or information posted by you that was stored, republished or reposted by the third party); when Sportsman Canada anonymizes the content or information, so that you cannot be individually identified; when you do not follow the aforementioned instructions for requesting the removal of the content or information; and when you have received compensation or other consideration for providing the content or information.
The foregoing is a description of Sportsman Canada’s voluntary practices concerning the collection of personal information through the Site from certain minors, and is not intended to be an admission that Sportsman Canada is subject to the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, the Federal Trade Commission’s Children’s Online Privacy Protection Rule(s), or any similar international, federal, state, or local laws, rules, or regulations.
2. Categories of Information Collected.
Sportsman Canada may collect personal and non-personal information about you through the Site. The categories of such information might include:
- Your name (first, last and/or middle) and unique identifiers (e.g., username);
- Your contact information (e.g., mailing address, email address, telephone number, facsimile number);
- Your electronic signature;
- Your billing, payment or shipping information (e.g., payor or payee name, checking account number, credit card number, expiration date, verification code, accountholder name, cardholder name, billing address, mailing address, tax ID number, billing history);
- Information related to your inquiries about possible employment with Sportsman Canada and/or one or more of its affiliated companies (e.g., name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, salary requirements, interests, resume);
- Your computer, mobile device, and/or browser information (e.g., IP address, mobile device ID information, operating system, connection speed, bandwidth, browser type, referring/exit web pages, web page requests, cookie information, hardware attributes, software attributes);
- Third-party website, network, platform, server and/or application information (e.g., Facebook, Google Plus, Twitter, Instagram);
- Usage activity concerning your interactions with the Site and/or third-party websites, networks, platforms, servers or applications accessed through the Site (e.g., how you accessed the Site, where you go when you leave the Site, number of clicks on a page or feature, amount of time spent on the Site or a page or feature, identity of third-party websites, networks, platforms, servers and applications accessed through the Site);
- Usage activity concerning products and services provided to or accessed by you on or through the Site (e.g., viewing habits, viewing preferences, viewing history, title selections, favorites, streams, downloads, demographics and closed captioning selections);
- Your transactional information (e.g., offers, orders, pricing, payments, purchaser, seller, item information, shipping terms, comments, ratings, feedback and instant messages and/or other communications made within or through the Site);
- Your hobbies and other leisure activities and interests;
- Your television subscription information and preferences (e.g., television service providers, subscription rates, programs and genre preferences, viewing habits);
- The name and contact information of people you refer to Company (e.g., name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, television viewing preferences);
- Information about third parties that you refer to Sportsman Canada (e.g., name, email and/or other contact information, relationship);
- Information set forth in your online account registration, user profile, and/or user directory forms for the Site;
- Statements or content (e.g., comments, videos, photographs, images), and information about such statements or content, which you submit or publish on or through the Site, or which are accessed via your public or linked social media pages (e.g., Facebook, Google Plus, Twitter, Instagram);
- Your name associated with your mobile device;
- Your telephone number associated with your mobile device;
- Your geolocation; and/or
- Your mobile device ID information.
3. How Information Is Collected.
Sportsman Canada might collect personal and non-personal information from you when you access or use the Site; when you register with or subscribe to the Site; when you register for, order, purchase or subscribe to any products and/or services through the Site; when you “sign in,” “log in,” or the like to the Site; when you allow the Site to access, upload, download, import or export content found on or through, or to otherwise interact with, your computer or mobile device (or any other device you may use to visit, access or use the Site) or online accounts with third-party websites, networks, platforms, servers or applications (e.g., your online social media accounts, your cloud drives and servers, your mobile device service provider); or whenever Sportsman Canada asks you for such information, such as, for example, when you process a payment through the Site, or when you answer an online survey or questionnaire.
In addition, if you or a third party sends Sportsman Canada a comment, message or other communication (such as, by way of example only, email, letter, fax, phone call, or voice message) about you or your activities on or through the Site, then Sportsman Canada may collect any personal or non-personal information provided therein or therewith.
Finally, Sportsman Canada might use various tracking, data aggregation and/or data analysis technologies, including, for example, the following:
- Cookies, which are small data files (e.g., text files) stored on the browser or device you use to view a website or message. They may help store user preferences and activity, and may allow a website to recognize a particular browser or device. There are several types of cookies, including, for example, browser cookies, session cookies, and persistent cookies. Cookies may record information you access on one page of a website to simplify subsequent interaction with that website, or to help streamline your transactions on related pages of that website. Most major browsers are set up so that they will initially accept cookies, but you might be able to adjust your browser’s or device’s preferences to issue you an alert when a cookie is downloaded, or to block, reject, disable, delete or manage the use of some or all cookies on your browser or device.
- Flash cookies, which are cookies written using Adobe Flash, and which may be permanently stored on your device. Like regular cookies, Flash cookies may help store user preferences and activity, and may allow a website to recognize a particular browser or device. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings that are used for regular cookies.
- Web beacons, which are pieces of code embedded in a website or email to monitor your activity on the website or your opening of the email, and which can pass along information such as the IP address of the computer or device you use to view the website or open the email, the URL page on which the web beacon is located, the type of browser that was used to access the website, and previously set cookie values. Web beacons are sometimes used to collect advertising data, such as counting page views, promotion views or advertising responses. Disabling your computer’s, device’s or browser’s cookies may prevent some web beacons from tracking or recording certain information about your activities.
- Scripts, which are pieces of code embedded in a website to define how the website behaves in response to certain key or click requests sent by the user. Scripts are sometimes used to collect information about the user’s interactions with the website, such as the links the user clicks on. Scripts are often times temporarily downloaded to the user’s computer or device from the website server, active only while the user is connected to the Site, and deactivated or deleted when the user disconnects from the Site.
o Analytic tools and services, which are sometimes offered by third parties, and which track, measure and/or generate information about a website’s or program’s traffic, sales, audience and similar information, and which may be used for various reasons, such as, for example, statistical research, marketing research, and content ratings research, and conversion tracking.
Please be advised that if you choose to block, reject, disable, delete or change the management settings for any or all of the aforementioned technologies and/or other tracking, data aggregation and data analysis technologies, then certain areas of the Site might not function properly.
- By visiting, accessing, registering with or using the Site, you acknowledge and agree in each instance that you are giving Sportsman Canada permission to monitor or otherwise track your activities on the Site, and that Sportsman Canada may use the aforementioned technologies and/or other tracking, data aggregation and data analysis technologies.
4. Use of Information Collected.
Sportsman Canada may use the personal and/or non-personal information it collects from you through the Site in a variety of ways, such as, for example, to:
- Fulfill your requests;
- Process your payments;
- Place, fulfill, process and/or track your orders and purchase;
- Facilitate your movement through the Site;
- Facilitate your use of the Site and/or its products and services;
- Provide customer service;
- Send you communications like, for example, administrative emails, newsletters, answers to your questions and updates about the Site;
- Allow you to communicate with others through the Site like, for example, through online forums, chat rooms or bulletin boards;
- Provide you with information about Sportsman Canada, its affiliated companies and/or their respective businesses, products and services by letter, email, text, telephone or other forms of communication;
- Provide you with information about third-party businesses, products and/or services by letter, email, text, telephone or other forms of communication;
- Improve the Site and/or its content, features and services;
- Improve the products, services, marketing and/or promotional efforts of Sportsman Canada and/or its affiliated companies;
- Create new products, services, marketing and/or promotions for Sportsman Canada and/or its affiliated companies;
- Market the businesses, products and/or services of Sportsman Canada and/or its affiliated companies;
- Help personalize user experiences with the Site and/or its products and services;
- Analyze traffic to and through the Site;
- Analyze user behavior and activity on or through the Site;
- Conduct research and measurement activities for purposes of product and service research and development, advertising claim substantiation, market research, and other activities related to Sportsman Canada, its affiliated companies, the Site, and/or their respective products and/or services;
- Monitor the activities of you and others on or through the Site;
- Protect or enforce Sportsman Canada’s and/or its affiliated companies’ respective rights and properties; and/or
- Protect or enforce the rights and properties of others (which may include you).
Sportsman Canada reserves the right to use your personal and non-personal information when:
- Required by applicable law, court order or other governmental authority (including, without limitation and by way of example only, in response to a subpoena or other legal process); or
- Sportsman Canada believes in good faith that such use is otherwise necessary or advisable (including, without limitation and by way of example only, to investigate, prevent, or take legal action against someone who may be causing injury to, interfering with, or threatening the rights, obligations or properties of Sportsman Canada, a user of the Site [which may include you], or anyone else who may be harmed by such activities or to further Sportsman Canada’s legitimate business interests).
5. Sharing of Information Collected.
Sportsman Canada reserves the right to share your personal information with Sportsman Canada’s employees, agents, administrators, accountants, financial advisors and legal advisors; with Sportsman Canada’s affiliated companies; and with those third parties who help manage, administer, monitor, distribute and/or operate the Site, and/or their respective products, services and/or features (e.g., web hosting companies, website administrators, mobile app distribution platforms, support services companies, data analysis companies, credit card or other payment processing companies, online shopping cart providers), as needed in order for them to perform such services.
Sportsman Canada does not limit the ways in which it may use or share non-personal information because non-personal information does not identify you. For example, Sportsman Canada may freely share non-personal information with its affiliated companies, its suppliers and its representatives, as well as with other individuals, businesses, and government entities.
You may choose to share certain information and/or follow other users on the Site. You may choose to share your contact information with other users or provide it publicly.
6. Data Retention.
Sportsman Canada may retain your personal information and non-personal information for as long as it believes necessary. Sportsman Canada may dispose of or delete any such personal information or non-personal information at any time, except as set forth in any other agreement or document executed by both you and Sportsman Canada concerning the same or as required by law.
In connection with any transaction that you conduct on, through or in relation to the Site, you may be asked to supply certain information relevant to the transaction, including, without limitation, your credit card number and expiration date, your billing address, your shipping address, your phone number and/or your email address. By submitting such information, you grant Sportsman Canada without charge the irrevocable, unencumbered, universe-wide and perpetual right to provide such information to third parties (e.g., payment processing companies, online shopping cart providers) for the purpose of facilitating the transaction.
Sportsman Canada may offer to sell or sell merchandise and other products to you on or through the Site with the sales transaction taking place through an online shopping cart feature (“Shopping Cart”). The Shopping Cart is provided by a third-party vendor. Sportsman Canada’s relationship with that vendor, if any, is merely contractual in nature, and that vendor is in no way subject to Sportsman Canada’s direction or control; thus, their relationship is not, and should not be construed as, one of fiduciaries, franchisors-franchisees, agents-principals, employers-employees, partners, joint ventures or the like.
All credit card, debit card and other monetary transactions on or through the Site and/or the Shopping Cart occur through an online payment processing application. This online payment processing application provided by a third-party online payment processing vendor. Sportsman Canada’s relationship with that vendor, if any, is merely contractual in nature, and that vendor is in no way subject to Sportsman Canada’s direction or control; thus, their relationship is not, and should not be construed as, one of fiduciaries, franchisors-franchisees, agents-principals, employers-employees, partners, joint ventures or the like.
8. Third Party Applications and Networks.
The Site and/or any communications sent through or as a function of the Site may contain links to third-party websites, networks, platforms, servers and/or applications. Third-party websites, networks, platforms, servers and/or applications may also contain links to the Site. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, SPORTSMAN CANADA IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR, AND YOU HEREBY RELEASE SPORTSMAN CANADA FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY WHICH MAY ARISE FROM, SUCH THIRD PARTY WEBSITES, NETWORKS, PLATFORMS, SERVERS AND APPLICATIONS (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE PRIVACY POLICIES AND PRACTICES OF SUCH THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES, NETWORKS, PLATFORMS, SERVERS, AND APPLICATIONS).
Sportsman Canada implements security measures to help protect the personal information it collects through the Site. For example, Sportsman Canada encrypts the transmission of certain information through the Site by using secure socket layer (SSL) technology.
REGARDLESS OF THE FOREGOING, PLEASE OBSERVE THAT “PERFECT” OR “100%” SECURITY DOES NOT EXIST ON THE INTERNET. THEREFORE, YOUR ACCESS AND USE OF THE SITE AND YOUR OPENING OF ANY COMMUNICATIONS SENT THROUGH OR AS A FUNCTION OF THE SITE, ARE DONE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
10. Retention, Review, and Change of Information Collected.
You may request at any time that Sportsman Canada provide you with an opportunity to review and change your personal information collected through the Site, if any, or to no longer use your personal information to provide you with any products or services. Please submit any such request (“Request Concerning Personal Information”) to info@theSportsman Canadachannel.com, with a subject line of “Your Personal Information.”
For each Request Concerning Personal Information, please state “Your Personal Information” in the email or letter subject line, and clearly state the following in the body:
- the nature of your request;
- that the request is related to “Your Personal Information;”
- your name, street address, city, state, zip code and email address; and
- whether you prefer to receive a response to your request by mail or email.
Sportsman Canada is not responsible for any Request Concerning Personal Information that is incomplete, incorrectly labeled or incorrectly sent. You are solely responsible for the accuracy and content of your personal information, and for keeping your personal information current and correct.
13. Contact Us.
14. International Users.
For any of the above purposes and in view of Sportsman Canada’s global operations, you agree that Sportsman Canada may transfer some or all of your personal information, your non-personal information and/or other data to countries outside your resident jurisdiction, and may process and/or store such information in Canada. You agree and recognize that countries outside of your jurisdiction may not have as comprehensive data protection laws as those existing in your resident jurisdiction. For more information please contact Sportsman Canada in the manner described in Section 13 above.